Health Connect – February Edition 2023
We hope that everyone has been staying safe over the festive season!
In this month’s newsletter, we have decided to do something a little different in the spirit of the new year.
Here are 10 interesting medical facts that may be of interest to you:
1. The average adult human has 206 bones
2. The largest bone is called the femur (in the thigh)
3. The body’s largest organ is the skin
4. The Scottie Dog sign, named after the Scottie Dog, is a radiological sign in X-Ray imaging
5. The Hot Cross Bun sign, named after the popular snack, is a sign described in MRI imaging of the brain in certain diseases
6. A fetus’ urine contributes to the amniotic fluid in the womb
7. Breast cancer can affect males too
8. The human heart has 4 different chambers
9. In dextrocardia, the heart is situated on the right side of the body
10. Opposable thumbs play an important role in our ability to grip things
We hope that you have been enjoying these monthly newsletters and do let us know if you have any other medical topics that you wish to read about.
Thank you for all your support and we are happy to be your partner in your healthcare journey.